The Growing Condo Population in Waterloo Region
Condos have a lot to offer for many different categories of buyer. From first-time buyers to downsizers and from singles to families, there are good reasons to think about condo living. They offer an ease of living that everyone can appreciate.
The Kitchener-Waterloo area has a huge student and post-grad population and this group is often attracted to condo living. The lower price point of a condo over a single-family home is typically a strong selling point. The communal atmosphere and added luxuries some condos offer (such as pools, fitness facilities and rooftop decks) are also very attractive to those just transitioning from dorm and apartment life to homeownership. It’s a good way to make the move from university to adult life.
Twenty-somethings love living in the areas where condos are most populous, too. Living near nightlife as well as work makes commuting so much easier. Our thriving tech sector is providing a healthy pool of buyers that’s only going to grow in the next several years so a condo could also be an excellent investment.
The millennials may love condos and we are finding that adults with a little more life experience are also becoming condo buyers. Empty nesters and retirees are buying condos now too. The ease of letting someone else do the gardening or paint the shared hallways can make a condo life much easier than a single-family home. A few less square feet means that much less to clean and maintain so many of these folks are making the switch to condos later in life.
Benefits of Condo Living
Condo life offers more than just the square footage within your walls. Here are just a few of the benefits of condo living that you might not have considered.
- Security. Many buildings have security features you won’t get in a single-family home or apartment. Features like car-only access and paid security staff on-site 24-7 in addition to nearby neighbors to make you feel more secure. Condos have a lower rate of break-ins when compared to other form of housing.
- Location. Condos are often located in the trendiest areas close to the best shopping and restaurants. This is definitely the case in Kitchener-Waterloo! Any of our condos are just a short stroll from some of the hottest hotspots in town.
- Maintenance. It would be more accurate to say “lack of maintenance” because if you buy a condo, most of the hardest work will be handled for you! Landscaping, roofing and the upkeep of common areas will be performed by professionals and covered by your monthly fees.
- While condo pricing has a wide range based on location, size, and amenities, the price per square foot is typically lower than a single-family home. This makes homeownership a little more reachable for more buyers.
- Amenities. A great condo has features outside your own walls. Many have 24-hour fitness facilities, pools, beautiful common areas for large-scale entertaining, secure parking and perhaps even concierge services.
- Community. Perhaps one of the best features of condo life in the sense of community that you often find in these buildings. The shared spaces give you a feeling of being part of a larger family of residents that is often missing in our modern lives.
This affordable, innovative approach to creating a community could be the best move you’ve ever made. If you haven’t considered a condo yet, perhaps it’s time you called your Realtor. Take a look at how you could be living if you choose a Kitchener-Waterloo condo property.
Find out how I’ve helped more than 2,000 families buy and sell homes in Kitchener-Waterloo by getting a copy of my free eBook here. Also for great real estate videos you won’t find anywhere else, subscribe to my YouTube channel. I love to share my expert knowledge so if you have any real estate questions feel free to call me at 310-SOLD or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.